1. I would like to change the display language.
Please select your desired language from the language selector in the upper right.
2. Who is eligible?
Anyone, with the exception of those employed by Olympus or its affiliates, may enter this contest. If you are under 18, please obtain your parent's or guardian's consent before entering. For citizens residing in European Union countries, we can not accept participation by minors under 7.
3. Is there any charge to participate in the photo contest?
Entry is free. However, entrants will need to assume any internet connection costs incurred when entering.
4. Are there any restrictions on the type of camera to be used?
We accept entries taken with any kind of camera of any brand. Any camera from a DSLR to a smartphone camera may be used.
5. May I enter photos taken with a film camera?
Yes, as long as the photo is scanned into JPEG or JPG format under 15MB, and can be entered through the contest website.
6. May I enter retouched or edited photos?
Yes, post production is allowed on entries, and edited photos will be accepted.
7. May I enter the same photo in more than one category?
No, the same photo may not be entered in multiple categories.
8. Are there any restrictions on entry file size?
Only JPEG files up to 15MB per file will be accepted. The sRGB colour space will be used for judging. The minimum acceptable image size is 320 x 240 pixels.
9. Are there any restrictions on aspect ratio?
10. Are there any requirements regarding when the photo was taken?
11. If I plan to enter a photo into another contest during the Olympus Global Open Photo Contest period or am scheduled to display a photo at a public exhibition during the contest period, can I enter that same photo into the Olympus Global Open Photo Contest?
No, we cannot accept photos which will be entered into other contests or will be displayed at public exhibitions during the Olympus Global Open Photo Contest period.
12. May I enter photos I have posted on a website?
Photos that have been posted on a website where photos can be purchased, e.g. stock photo sites, cannot be entered. Photos which an individual has posted on their own website, blog, or social media for non-commercial purposes or on an Olympus community website may be entered.
13. How do I confirm if my photos were accepted?
You can view the photos you entered from My Page, which you can find at the top of this page. If your entries show up in My Page without any status remarks, they have been accepted. Entries with an "Under Preparation" remark are still going through the screening process.
14. I entered a photo, but it is not displayed.
Submitted photos are displayed publicly after they have been deemed as appropriate by Olympus. It may take some time for your photo to be displayed.
15. After I have entered a photo, may I delete it and enter another photo?
Yes, you may replace entries as you wish as long as it is done during the entry period. This can be done from My Page.
16. I have registered my e-mail address but haven't received the e-mail with the confirmation URL to complete the contest registration process. What do I do?
If you do not receive an e-mail with the confirmation URL, it is possible that:
・You mistyped your e-mail address. Please try again, entering your e-mail address carefully.
・Your inbox is automatically sending the e-mail to a separate folder or to junk mail. Please check all of your folders and your e-mail settings.
・Your e-mail service provider is blocking the e-mail. Please contact your service provider.
*In case you are using a digital mailbox service, e.g. Boxbe, please make sure to add the following e-mail address to your whitelist prior to registration: email@example.com
17. An error occurred when I input my password. What do I do?
Please input your password using between 8 and 20 single-byte alphanumeric characters.
18. May I change my profile?
Usernames cannot be altered, but you may change your e-mail address and country of residence from My Page.
19. Can I send in entries by e-mail?
No, entries will only be accepted through upload on this website, with no exceptions made. The Olympus Global Open Photo Contest Operations Team will not reply to any e-mails requesting for entry acceptance after the entry deadline has passed.
20. I missed the deadline. How do I enter?
Unfortunately we are not accepting entries after the entry deadline, with no exceptions made. Please complete registration and photo entry prior to the deadline.
21. How do I know if I won?
Winners will be contacted via e-mail to their registered e-mail addresses. The e-mail will contain items to confirm and fill out, and must be returned to Olympus by the specified date. If the winner does not agree with all of the terms or does not return e-mail by the specified date, they may be disqualified. Prizes will only be sent to the address of the winner. Any customs duties incurred by the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Olympus accepts no responsibility for loss of the prize during transit when outside of Olympus jurisdiction. Prize money will be calculated according to exchange rates at the time of transfer when prize money is transferred outside of Japan.